maanantai 30. tammikuuta 2012

Feeling the beat

Dancing isn't just a hobby. For me it's more like a lifestyle. When I dance I feel euphoric. There are also days when I think ''Why am I dancing this hard I'm not good enough'' But those feelings usually disappears away quite quickly. I couldn't live without dancing anymore. When I dance I get rid of all the stress I got and for a little while I don't have to think about my school pressures or any drama that I have had with my friends. I can just relax and clear up my mind. Of course dancing creates its own pressures but it really isn't the same thing. In my opinion dancing isn't just a hobby or sport it can be really beautiful and interesting art. A dancer needs sufficient dedication, flexibility, coordination and sense of rhythm.

I've been dancing since I was two years old. My mother put me into a ballet class and it was more playing than dancing. When I got older I went to dance ballet at The Turun seudun Tanssioppilaitos it's a ballet school. I danced ballet there until I was nine years old..  I thought that there wasn't enough dancing so I said to my mom like this ''I want to change to the Showdance Studio Taina Kovalainen because I like outgoing music.'' Then I really didn't like ballet so much but nowadays I regret that I stopped ballet then because ballet is important base to dance styles. So I and my sister changed dancing schools, which gave me a chance to try many different styles, for example hip hop and show dancing. 








Nowadays I am a sixth-former but I am still dancing and reaching to the stars I guess. I am really ambitious and I want to excel. My future goal is to get to the world championship competition. In this May I am going to the Finnish Championships and if we would win we'll get to the word championships  but it's a long way to go and it needs a lot of hard work.

Hope you'll enjoy the video.

1 kommentti:

  1. Good luck with your ambitious goals! Sound like you've really got the dedication and passion needed, so I'm sure you will make it! Nice to see so many pictures of you in different performances! And yes, I did enjoy the video - different dance styles mixed very well. Fantastic dancers, too!

    VastaaPoista