keskiviikko 31. elokuuta 2011

My life with English

When I was 5 I listened to all kind of music that I heard. When I got older I started listening to Britney Spears, Eminem and Christina Aguilera for example. I liked to sing along with Britney, because I wanted to be like her. I don't remember what was the first song I heard but I remember some songs that I listened to for example Hit me baby one more time and Stronger.
I started dancing when I was three years old and of course I listened to music there also. The music that I listened to was sung in English. So I have heard English since I was a very little girl. Dancing is still a big part of my life.

 I think that some of my first words were : mom, dad, dog, and numbers. I started learning English when I was at third grade. I liked English right away. It was and is one of my favourite subjects. I remember that i got a top grade for my first big test and I was so happy about that. My English teacher was the principal of the school. First I was nervous about that our teacher is the principal but soon I noticed that he was just like everyone else. I learned words very fast because I heard them so often on tv, radio and movies. Now I watch a lot of English movies and I don't get Finnish subtitles. And I also read books wich are written in English. Those are  very good ways for me to learn English.

I have always been interested in English and liked it because it's pretty easy to learn and speak. Because I hear it almost everywhere. I think it's important to speak other languages especially English cause it's spoken all around the world. I would like to move abroad when I get older so I am going to need English in the future.

5 kommenttia:

  1. Hi Jantte,
    I enjoyed reading your blog entry, because when I learned English, I also listened to English songs, what made me improve my English. But it impressed me that you can watch English movies without subtitles, because in Germany, where I come from, are all the movies synchronized. Now I try to watch English film with English subtitles. By the way, what kind of dance do you master?
    Imke

    VastaaPoista
  2. Good story Janette! I like that you learned English heard it while you were singing and dancing.I think that music is a good way to learn English.I don't know if you too but, at least I'm glad when I understand the songs' letters.
    Adrián

    VastaaPoista
  3. Seems as if quite a few of us first got to know English through songs - just like me all those ago! For many people, hearing music together with the words of a foreign language seems to make learning easier.
    Here in Finland we are very lucky to be able to hear all foreign programmes and films in the original language. We find it very strange that central and southern European countries dub most programmes. I once watched an old John Wayne western in Germany, and boy was it funny to hear him speak German!
    Interesting that you'd like to move abroad later on - where to and why, I wonder?

    VastaaPoista
  4. Imke: I have heard that in other countries movies are dubbed and it's funny cause I think it doesn't look so real. The most fun was thing when I saw one serie and it was dubbed from English to Japanese. And i dance in a special training group and I dance hiphop, locking,popping, break dancing, ballet, jazz, contemporary.

    VastaaPoista
  5. Thats are lots of different styles, I am impressed! I think it would be impossible in Germany to change the way of watching movies. It is just easier to watch without ready subtitles. But of course I get your point, the original language gives the movie something thats hard to copy.
    Imke

    VastaaPoista